I have been struggling with red, flaky, irritated skin and have found nothing to help. This has been helping so much the redness has decreased. I still have some dry flaky skin but it is definitely a lot better than it used be. At least now I can apply a bit of make up without it looking like my skin it's ashy. This in combination with the youth elixir have made me feel more comfortable in my own skin and has helped heal it.
Blue Serenity Beauty Balm
made with certified orgaic argan oil
Goal: Soothe, Nourish, protect, regenerate and heal extremely sensitive, fragile skin
Use: as needed
Skintype: Sensitive, Eczema, Stressed, blemished, and aging
Why we love it: this beauty balm is ultra soothing and healing, can calm even the most angry skin
Benefits: Some of us just can't find a product that doesn't anger our skin. Extremely sensitive skin can be frustrating because it's hard to pinpoint what is causing the inflammation. Look no further! Blue Serenity Beauty Balm has been carefully formulated with active ingredients chosen to eliminate eczema, inflammation, counteract allergens, nourish and regenerate damaged skin cells. This deeply penetrating moisturizer will not clog pores but instead will tighten pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Developed with three essential oils containing azulene, this organic compound is known for its extreme anti-inflammatory properties making it idea for stressed, damaged or acne-prone skin. Your skin will be enveloped in Blue Serenity and you'll notice an overall reduction of redness and drastic improvement in complexion.
Directions: May feel slightly hard at first but will melt as you massage into your hand or face. Massage a pea sized amount of the beauty balm into skin day and night after your serum of choice. Smooth over elbows, knees, dry cuticles or any areas that need extra TLC.
Also check out the Blue Serenity Serum!
Ingredients: Wildcrafted Blue Tansy, *Blue Yarrow, *German Blue Chamomile, Wildcrafted Violet Leaf absolute, *Helichrysum, *Frankincense, *lavender, wildcrafted jasmine sambac absolute, non-gmo Kokum Butter & Shea Butter *=certified organic
Details and Benefits of each Ingredient:
- Shea Butter - Certified Organic, Raw - used for centuries in Africa for its moisturizing and healing properties, where it has been used to protect and condition skin which has been damaged.
- Kokum Butter - Raw - Kokum is an easily absorbed emollient. Amazing at regenerating skin cells, it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that make it ideal for damaged skin. It's an especially good alternative for those with sensitive skin and combats fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Argan Oil - Certified Organic - 0 Comedogenic rating
Referred to as liquid gold, it has been prized for it's ability to treat skin and body conditions since before 12 BC. Argan oil is produced from the kernals of the Argan tree which grows in a tiny area of Morocco. High in vitamin E, essential fatty acids and retinol. Combats free radicals which prevents damage of skin cells, is anti-inflammatory, treats acne, wrinkles, dry skin. Sun Protectant, restores elasticity, non-irritating, deeply penetrates skin and is absorbed easily.
- Jojoba Oil - Certified Organic, Cold Pressed/Unrefined, Israel, 2 Comedogenic Rating -
Fatty acid profile is almost identical to ours, making it easily absorable. Great skin emollient, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial making it a good oil for acne.
- Evening Primrose Oil - Certified Organic, Cold Pressed/Unrefined, China - 2 Comedogenic Rating
High in omega-6, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, boosts blood circulation, high in linoleic acid which is good for treating acne
- Helichrysum Essential Oil - Certified Organic, Steam Distilled, Corsica - Anti-inflammatory, highly regenerating and healing, great for mature skin, wrinkles, cellulite acne, dilated pores, stretch marks and circles under the eyes.
- Frankincense Essential Oil - Certified Organic, Steam Distilled, Australia
Heals scars, controls sebum production, tones uneven skin, promotes cell regeneration, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, treat dry skin, reduces the appearance of scars, speeds up the healing of acne.
- Blue Tansy Essential Oil - Wildcrafted, Mororcco - Certified Organic, Ethiopia - In addition to being an aromatic relaxant, blue tansy has analgesic, anesthetic, and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains anti-allergenic properties which neutralise and stop histamines production to help control reactions to various allergenics... very soothing for the skin. It’s useful for itchy dry skin, bruising, dermatitis, eczema, damaged, inflamed, and sunburned skin.
- Blue Chamomile Essential Oil - Organic - This beneficial essential oil penetrates deep into the layers of your skin where its potent anti-inflammatory action can restore and soothe irritated skin, burns, and other skin conditions. German chamomile oil has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties making it perfect for sensitive skin prone to eczema, inflamation and breakouts.
- Blue Yarrow Essential Oil - Certified Organic, South Africa - Yarrow essential oil is one of the most powerful natural astringents. It shrinks the skin and promotes skin healing. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbrial and anticeptic.
- Violet Leaf Absolute - Wildcrafted, Egypt - it is soothing and cooling but also makes an excellent moisturizer and emollient. Violet leaf also gently tightens pores and is useful to control acne, eczema and dermatitis.
- Jasminum sambac(Jasmine Sambac essential absolute oil) - Wildcrafted, India, hexane free extracted
Breathing in the scent of jasmine has the power to release feel-good brain chemicals that boost energy as well as reduce anxiety. In addition to Jasmine's sweet smell, it contains potent antiseptic, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so it's fantastic at fighting pesky blemishes and aiding skins immunity. It's also high in anti-oxidants that protect skin from free-radical damage which cause premature aging and fades scars and stretch marks. Jasmine increases skin’s elasticity and help balance moisture in the skin to naturally reduce dryness without clogging pores.
- Lavender Essential Oil - Certified Organic
Steam distilled, Bulgaria
Anti-inflammatory, treats acne, sunburn and skin conditions, healing, regenerative, antibacterial, astringent. Good for oily skin prone to acne, irritated, damaged, dilated pores, scars, stretch marks. Relaxing aromatic.
I normally do not break out, but my skin has been angry recently. I was so happy to receive the Blue Serenity serum and balm in my March Beauty Box, so I could try it out. It was perfect timing. After one use, my skin started to clear up and the red marks the blemishes left are already starting to fade. The color of the balm is so pretty and there is a calming effect when I use it.
At first the jar is very lovely. The blue of this balm is beautiful and very sweet and the scent.... Hummmm it's very calming. I' ve never smell something like this. Texture is great and melt with my skin. I love this balm.
I absolutely love the smell of this balm. Love it! Not only does it smell good, it helps saturate very dry skin. I put it on before bed and let the goodness soak in over night. Wake up to hydrated, glowing skin. I have sensitive skin and this has not made me break out and it also has toned down the redness on my face. This is def. my winter go to balm.
I wanted to wait to review some of these products until I had really used them in multiple ways and found what my favorite step in my routine this balm worked for me. I love to use this balm after any facial mask I do and also at least 3 times a week as my final step before I go to sleep. I have pretty dry skin that is intensely thirsty some days and this balm helps my skin soak in all these nutrients and ingredients overnight without leaving any clogged pores! Literally the first oil based rich cream that can deliver without making me break out. Thank you so much for creating wholesome products, I cant wait to smother myself in this balm in the upcoming winter and cold weather
I've always had difficulty with my skin being very dry no matter the moisturizer I use, especially noticing dry patches on my nose that I was never able to get rid of. As well as being dry, I break out a lot and have a lot of clogged pores. After using this balm overnight, I woke up to find my whole face smooth and hydrated and the dry patches on my nose gone! I also find the smell very relaxing and calming and it has kept my breakouts at bay. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so far so good!
I wish I could comment on the smell but right now my allergies have flared up so much they are affecting my sinuses. I can comment on texture which is nice and very easily melts into your skin. A little goes a long way. I can be heavy handed with my moisturizers so I only use this one at night. It has helped calmed down my skin but I still have a way to go before my acne is cleared up for good. Its only been a little over a week since I started using it so I expect for my skin to continue to get better :)
First of all, I love how this product smells! It's not like anything else I've used before, but the aromatherapy benefits alone are amazing. Second, I really like to use this after I've worked out, when my skin gets a major flush that lasts foreeeeveerrrrrr! But when I use this, it seems to calm me down quite a lot faster, plus my skin is so soft and luscious afterwards! I also like to use it before bed, because the smell is gorgeous and then I wake up feeling like a movie star! Because of the texture, it can be a bit difficult to scoop out of the jar, but it melts nicely in warm hands so application is no problem.
After using regularly, my skin it clearing and it’s not nearly as irritated and red. You really just need the tiniest amount, baby pea size, to cover your face. I melt it/warm it with my fingers first, then I ALWAYS take a deep breath to allow the aromatherapy time to work on me, and finally I gently pat it on all over my face. It makes applying makeup in the morning a smooth dream and its perfect healing treatment overnight to wake up with soft, smooth skin
Have only been using this for two weeks, but I have noticed a major difference in my skin. My skin has evened out, any dry patches have been moisturizer and my small clogged pores have seemed to disappear. So far this product has been great. Feels very luxurious.