healing baby ointment
Goal: Soothe sensitive or irritated baby parts including diaper area
Use: As needed for diaper rash, inflammed skin folds, cradle cap, rashes and bug bites
Skintype: Baby and mama too!
Why we love it: It's safe and gentle plus heals and prevents irritation
Fragrance Notes: Sweet orange with hints of lavender
Benefits: The multi-purpose Bunni Balm is formulated specifically for baby's sensitive skin to heal rashes and protect against wetness & bacteria while soothing irritation. We carefully selected ingredients that regenerate skin cells, calm inflammation, and kill bacteria that are common with diaper rash, cradle cap, and candida in tender folds of baby skin. This sweet and smooth baby ointment is gentle yet effective with a light citrusy herbal scent. It can even be used on mothers and older children to heal eczema, dry skin, cuts and irritation. As with all our products, this baby ointment is 100% non-toxic and cruelty-free. We use only the finest quality ingredients, safe for your precious. Treat your sweet with the best of the best!
ALWAYS consult your doctor before using a new product on baby!
Directions for use: dab a liberal amount onto baby skin as needed on diaper rash, inflammed skin folds, rashes and areas of irritation. Warm first in your hand if needed, it will melt upon touch with skin.
This product melts higher than room temp. but will re-solidify once cooled. Store in a cool, dark place.
Ingredients: *Argania Spinosa(argan oil), Ricinus communis(Castor oil), Simmondsia chinensis(jojoba oil), *Adansonia digitata(baobab oil), Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu oil), *coconut oil, *Shea Butter, old-packed raw wildflower honey, Beeswax, *Calendula officinalis(Calendula), *Citrus sinensis(sweet orange essential oil), *Lavandula (Lavender essential oil), *Matricaria chamomila(blue chamomile), *Boswellia sacra (Frankincense essential oil), vitamin e.
*=clean ingredients, Organic, Wildcrafted or non-gmo
Details and benefits of each ingredient:
- Argan Oil - Rated 0 - My personal favorite! Make sure to buy certified organic, cold pressed, unrefined Moroccan argan oil. Argan oil is high in vitamin E, essential acids and retinol which combat free radicals that damage skin cells and cause premature aging. It's highly anti-inflammatory and will help ease eczema, psoriasis, acne and sensitivity issues. Argan oil deeply penetrates skin and is absorbed easily so it won't leave you feeling greasy. Argan oil makes a great after-sun treatment due to the high amount of vitamin E, which can heal UV damage. It also restores elasticity and reduces wrinkles. Talk about liquid gold!
- Castor Oil - Rated 1 - Castor oil is highly acclaimed for it's anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It moisturizes the skin while reducing acne and reducing pigmentation. Castor oil prevents stretch marks and helps to fight signs of aging by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. It's high concentration of fatty acids restore hydration and remove dry patches while also penetrating scar tissue and encouraging new skin cell regeneration.
- Jojoba Oil - Rated 2 - Jojoba oil has a fatty acid profile that is almost identical to our own sebum, making it easily and quickly absorbable. Because it hydrates it can actually help calm overactive sebaceous glands that go into overdrive when skin is parched. It's an excellent emollient and helps treat irritating skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Jojoba can seal in moisture and create a barrier against harsh elements and external toxins.
- Baobab Oil - Rated 2 - Baobab is an excellent moisturizer and rejuvenator of skin cells. It's high in anti-oxidants that prevent free radicals that cause premature aging. Baobab is anti-inflammatory because of it's content of omega fatty acids making it great for sensitive, inflamed skin prone to allergenic conditions such as dermatitis and eczema.
- Tamanu Oil - Rated 2 - Tamanu oil is high in anti-oxidants which accelerate wound healing and growth of new tissues. It's a powerful skin regenerator but is also anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory which make it a powerful acne fighter.
- Coconut Oil - Rated 4 - Coconut oil is a powerful healing, moisturizer containing vitamin E which protects skin cells from free radicals. It soothes eczema, sunburns, psoriasis and allergenic skin conditions. It's highly antiviral and anti fungal.
- Shea Butter - Certified Organic, Raw - used for centuries in Africa for its moisturizing and healing properties, where it has been used to protect and condition skin which has been damaged.
- Raw wildflower honey, Cold-packed, California - Honey gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. The natural antibacterial and probiotic properties of raw honey effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne. Since it is so gentle and nurturing to the skin, it is ideal for very sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema. It works well on all skin types. It balances oily skin and moisturizes dry skin.
- Beeswax - 100% Pure - the fields, farms, and foothills of Southern California. Honeybees produce a natural wax, secreting it from glands on the sides of their bodies. They then scrape the wax off, chew it up and secret it to the inside of the honeycomb. There, it gradually hardens into a protective lining for the cells where the baby bees are grown and the honey is stored. When applied to the skin, beeswax creates a protective barrier on skin, holding in moisture and reducing dryness. Beeswax has powerful anti-bacterial properties to keep skin clean and ward off acne. Beeswax attracts moisture which in turn will keep your skin hydrated as well as being high in Vitamin A which helps skin cells to regenerate keeping you looking youthful. The anti-allergenic properties of beeswax soothe dry, itchy, irritated skin related to dermititis or eczema.
- Calendula officinalis(Calendula) - Calendula is beneficial for dry or damaged skin and also promotes the fast healing and regeneration of the skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It has natural restorative properties that infuse the skin with a youthful glow. Calendula oil is also used to protect the skin from premature aging and thinning of the skin.
- Lavender - Lavender is the most commonly used essential oil. It's high in anti-oxidants and improves mood and brain function. It's anti-inflammatory qualities heal acne, sunburn and allergenic skin conditions. Lavender is extremely healing, regenerative, antibacterial, and astringent which efficiently treat oily skin prone to acne. It's also beneficial for irritated, damaged skin, dilated pores, scars, stretch marks and dark spots.
- Sweet Orange Oil - This sweet citrus promotes the production of collagen as well as increase the blood flow to the skin which can help with fade spots and wrinkles and is helpful at soothing dry, irritated skin. Citrus provide high levels of vitamin c that heal and protect skin. Sweet orange oil also decreases the rate of damage from environmental factors such as uv rays, pollution and toxins. Orange oil is also uplifting and calming which can brighten your mood and balance your hormones.
- German Blue Chamomile - This beneficial essential oil is a cousin of the daisy, known to be gentle and relaxing. It penetrates deep into the layers of your skin where its concentrated anti-inflammatory properties can restore and soothe irritated skin, burns, and other angry conditions. German chamomile oil has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties making it perfect for sensitive skin prone to inflammation and breakouts.
- Frankincense - Frankincense has been used medicinally for thousands of years and is sourced from the resin of the Boswellia tree, commonly grown in Somalia. It is a powerful astringent which speed sup the healing of acne, protects skin from bacteria and lifts & tightens. Frankincense will fade scars, controls sebum production, tones uneven skin, promotes cell regeneration, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and moisturizes dry skin.