Find out the 12 most toxic beauty ingredients that you should avoid at all costs
Consumer Affairs - Organic Skincare Buyers Guide
Organic skincare has grown from a niche market into a full-blown industry. Its products focus on innovation, inspiration, consumer health, and eco-consciousness. Today's over-the-counter skin care products often contain ingredients with a long list of harmful side effects. For example, one ingredient might be banned in the European Union, but may still be legal in the United States due to minimal FDA regulations in the industry. Another toxic ingredient might be hidden under the catch-all 'parfum' or 'fragrance' label. With organic skincare products, the ingredients list is “cleaner” and it does not take a graduate degree in chemistry to understand the ingredients used. The clean beauty revolution has resulted in companies formulating products that rely less on harsh synthetics and more on sustainably sourced plant based ingredients. These products are natural and healthy ways to nourish skin, without the hidden ingredients, but with equally effective results.
Our Favorite Natural Beauty Blogs:
- The Whitney Story - mostly about all things beauty! Everything from makeup to skincare, with a little bit of fashion & lifestyle mixed in.
- The Organic Bunny - proving that an organic lifestyle can still be glamorous!
- Vegan Beauty Review - letting the world know that veganism can be fun, beautiful, and delicious.
- The Beauty Puff - Blogging all things beauty!
- Interpret Beauty - A Collection of Mind, Body, Sprit, Thoughtful Living, Green Beauty, and Self-Love.
Our Favorite Health Blogs:
YesBetch & NoBetch - a motivational tool and educational guideline on how to achieve gorgeous health.
- Finding Vegan - Amaaaaazing recipes and links
- Well-being Secrets - Helen Nichols shares her knowledge about nutrition, well-being and other health topics backed by science